Monday, February 28, 2022
Good Afternoon OES Families,
This month we have a lot of great things happening and our monthly focus is on Perseverance. Please see the attached for an article that focuses on helping kids develop perseverance.
Helping Kids Develop Perseverance Article.docx
February 28 – March 4th, 2022 – Dr. Seuss Celebration – More information below
March 7-10, 2022 – Battle of the Books: We desperately need volunteers to help with this event, please click the link below if you would like to be involved.
Battle of the Books Volunteers Needed – Sign up here!
Friday, March 11, 2022 – Minimal Day
The hours for a minimal day for students in grades 1st – 6th are from 9:15am – 12:45pm Kindergarten and preschool students do not have school tomorrow.
Monday, March 21, 2022 – Maturation for 5th grade students. Permission slips will be sent home this week.
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 – Chik-fil-A Spirit Night
Monday, March 14, 2022 – No school for students
March 28 – April 1, 2022 – Hope Week – More information will be coming
Dr. Seuss Celebration information:
This week is Dr. Seuss’s Birthday on Wednesday, March 2, and it is Read Across America week. So for this Cub Crew has some fun activities planned each day this week. We will have dress up days all week with the Cat in the Hat colors. We’ll also have fun music playing in the morning. We hope you will celebrate reading all this week with us!
All Week: The lunchroom will be putting stickers on the bottom of trays and will give a treat if students get one.
1. Monday we will have an activity at lunch outside on the cement. Cub Crew will be out there to help you with sidewalk chalk and drawing all the places you can go like in Dr. Seuss’s book Oh the Places You’ll Go. Or you can draw any other creative things from Dr. Seuss’s books to show your creativity like he did.
2. Tuesday we will bring around a “Cat in the Hat”, hat for classes to decorate. It will also be “dress in BLACK day.”
3. Wednesday will be a Dr. Seuss dress up day. Students can dress up as any Dr. Seuss book character they would like or even just wear silly hats. We will have prizes for the best-dressed students voted on in each class. We will also have a class prize for the class with the most students participating.
4. Thursday Cub Crew will be going to classrooms to read a book to the class. It will be “dress in WHITE day.”
5. Friday we will have some enactments of Dr. Seuss books that Cub Crew is putting together to present virtually. It will also be “dress in RED day.”
Please let us know if you have any questions. Have a great week!